[Cialug] Programming telecommute

Nicolai nicolai-cialug at chocolatine.org
Fri Oct 24 18:23:56 CDT 2014

On Fri, Oct 24, 2014 at 02:08:26PM -0700, Zachary Kotlarek wrote:

> I have in my last two jobs essentially just ramped my way up into work
> 90+% from home on my own volition and found that both companies
> eventually found a away to adapt to me.
[snip]

Insightful post, and it reminded me of this:

Dax visits Worf in his new quarters on the Defiant, and
brings him a present, a collection of Klingon operas. "You
know, Worf, in the end, living on the Defiant isn't going to
change anything. You're still going to have to get used to
life on the station." Worf isn't so sure; Dax tells him
he'll have to adapt sooner or later. "Perhaps, in the end,
it will be all of you who will have to adapt to me," Worf
says.

http://ds9.trekcore.com/episodes/season4/416/synopsis.html

Nicolai