[Cialug] OT: Cheapest Internet

Matthew Nuzum newz at bearfruit.org
Sat Oct 18 14:46:52 CDT 2014

Hi, my wife’s grandmother, in her mid-80’s, is getting upgraded. She has an old tower Windows 98 or ME computer with giant CRT. We just moved her into a small condo in Ankeny and I’m giving her a laptop.

She’s been fine for over 80 years without the Internet, but she did say she’d like to try it sometime. Really, she just uses the computer to play card games. I was thinking that if she had the Internet she could play more games and maybe even do other things like check the news and try out social media.

Anyone have any suggestions on super cheap Internet that doesn’t require a long commitment?

Yes, I checked, none of her neighbors has wifi, so I can’t offer them a little money to piggy back off of their Internet.
--
Matthew Nuzum