[Cialug] HDMI from Linux

L. V. Lammert lvl at omnitec.net
Tue Oct 14 17:09:38 CDT 2014

Ran into an interesting problem this afternoon - I have a new Envy laptop,
and it connects HDMI just fine to our Viewsonic projector (SuSE 13.1) at
full resolution (16x9, 1080p).

Tried to connect to the HDMI input at a presentation, .. the laptop
showed the new display just fine but indicating "null" for the display
type. The AV chap said they never saw any video! Tried Extend, tried
Mirroring, .. no difference. When the cable was connected, Gnome showed
"null" for the display type - would that prevent the system from
connecting properly? Is there any way around it?

	TIA!

	Lee