[Cialug] December RegEx Class Topics Survey

jim kraai jimgkraai at gmail.com
Sat Nov 29 15:56:28 CST 2014

Tim,

You are not alone in that.  For some things, I benefit a lot from a fresh
review every few years.  For example, how many people really remember all
of the options on ls, let alone across different platforms?

Another wrinkle, scintilla-derived editors, which include scite, Notepad++,
and Programmer's Notepad use a non-standard subset of what most would call
a full regex implementation, see
http://www.pnotepad.org/docs/search/regular_expressions/#restrictions

It that always surprises me is how very differently people can approach the
same simple RegEx problem, too.  Looking forward to having people point out
better ways of doing things in the meeting.