[Cialug] December RegEx Class Topics Survey

jim kraai jimgkraai at gmail.com
Fri Nov 28 20:24:58 CST 2014

What would you like to see?

1. Intro and basic concepts
2. Intermediate: lookahead/around/etc.
3. Intermediate: using procedural functions in replace
4. Writing for maintainability
5. Q&A, a.k.a stump the chump
6. Advanced: unicode, recursion, other recent Perl additions
7. XRegExp, js only (google it, it's sweet)
8. Bragging rights, BYO examples and display/explain

Note there are many implementations, and sed's feature set != perl's !=
javascript's != ... There are there are many javascript implementations,
about the same as the number of web browsers.  I'm inclined to use a subset
of the implementation in latest Chrome for ease of demonstration.

Reply on list or directly to let me know.

--jim