[Cialug] OT, .. ATT Wifi

Matt matt at itwannabe.com
Wed Nov 26 14:10:48 CST 2014

This probably won't fit your needs, but I have been lusting after a T-Mobile• prepaid SIM card sold by Sparkfun that gives you 6 months of unlimited•• data-only service for just under $80.  This prepaid SIM is meant for hardware hackers/makers who want their project to be able to send texts or access the web when a wifi network (or other short-range wireless technology) isn't available.

This is actually far more data than any project I could build would be able to use, but it is hard to find a good deal on prepaid data with a decent network.

• T-Mobile uses AT&Ts mobile network
•• Unlimited Data means that you are allowed to continue downloading all month long, but you only get 1GB per month of "high-speed" access.  This does, however, translates to 6GB worth of data at 4G speeds and as much 3G data as you can manage over the life of the card.

-- Matt (N0BOX)