[Cialug] LAMP/installers/distros

Todd Pierce toddcpierce at gmail.com
Wed Nov 12 10:57:11 CST 2014

Hi Guys,

I don't have a ton of experience with Linux installations, but I've lately
been graced with the installer asking me if I want to install the LAMP
bundle.  It has proved very convenient.

Now I have a client (human) who will provide me with a Linux box but I'm
concerned he might not include this bundle in the installation.

So really, I just want to be able to speak authoritatively on these matters
before he attempts an installation of the wrong thing, or maybe I should do
it myself with a distro compliant with his company.

My ultimate question is, is it normal these days for any distro to offer up
installation of the LAMP bundle?  If the distro is Ubuntu, will the desktop
version inquire whether you want that installed?

I'm all ears.

-Todd