[Cialug] Remedies for Verizon Behaving Badly?

jim kraai jimgkraai at gmail.com
Thu Nov 6 13:59:53 CST 2014

I'd recently dropped PIA for VPN Unlimited on the price deal.

Verizon still doesn't play nicely with VPN Unlimited on my phone.  Talking
w/ their customer service about it, but I'm pretty sure it's Verizon's
NAT'ing issue that's also been grumbled about by other people wanting to
use VPNs.

Because of this ongoing VPN problem, I was hoping to hear here something
along the lines of using a proxy that stripped those headers out of the
traffic.

The other thing I haven't confirmed is whether https traffic is also being
mangled.  I can't set up a secure web server to dump incoming headers for a
definitive answer at the moment.  Anyone have a phpinfo page exposed on a
secure server that I can point at?  :-)

--jim