[Cialug] some truth to that

Daniel A. Ramaley daniel.ramaley at drake.edu
Tue May 20 15:06:49 CDT 2014

On 2014-05-20 at 13:53:33 Matthew Nuzum wrote:
> Back on topic, I read the book "Mastering Regular Expressions" by
> Friedl and it greatly changed my outlook on Regex.

That is one of the very few books that i keep multiple editions of. The
first edition had the regex for matching an e-mail address. That
particular regex is about 6 1/2 kilobytes in size and is an excellent
example of when *not* to use regex to solve a problem.

__
Daniel A. Ramaley
Network Engineer 2

Dial Center 122, Drake University
2407 Carpenter Ave / Des Moines IA 50311 USA
Tel: +1 515 271-4540
Fax: +1 515 271-1938
E-mail: daniel.ramaley at drake.edu