[Cialug] Choosing a cable modem

Matthew Nuzum newz at bearfruit.org
Sun May 18 13:26:19 CDT 2014

DOCSIS 3.0 is the new black, I guess. I'm thinking about buying my own modem so I don't have to pay the $5 monthly rental.

It seems that the Motorola are popular, and I've noticed that they have two different DOCSIS 3.0 modems (excluding those with built in wifi).

Here in the DSM area, is there any practical difference between the sb6121 and the sb6141?

Is there another I should be considering? For the record, I'm not going to pay for the higher tier speeds for some time. Also, I don't want to get built in wifi because I want to have more control over configuration.

--
Matthew Nuzum