[Cialug] How to add multiple instances of bash to your bash history

Don Ellis don.ellis at gmail.com
Thu Mar 20 11:23:57 CDT 2014

Fixing the bug sounds nice, but that would arbitrarily change behavior.

A more gentle solution would be to make the default /etc/bash.bashrc (or
equivalent) include these lines. OTOH, a problem arises in a distro (or
whatever BSD calls them) doesn't have a /etc/bash.bashrc, wherein the
default ~/.bashrc could contain those lines. This would make it work
rationally by default, but someone who doesn't like it could change it
easily.

Of course, there should be a collection somewhere of things you always want
to add to your bashrc on first installation, and this should be in that
collection.

--Don Ellis