[Cialug] Free Web Space?

Todd Pierce toddcpierce at gmail.com
Tue Mar 18 19:09:34 CDT 2014

Now, since I have no kids to hide nor do I use guns, may bore you guys with
some more developing info I don't understand?

The client had no access to the Internet, yet finds a log (somewhere...
I'll ask later... ) that says this:

Dec 31 16:00:24 localhost kernel[0]: Copyright (c) 1982, 1986, 1989, 1991,
1993
Dec 31 16:00:24 localhost kernel[0]: The Regents of the University of
California. All rights reserved.
Dec 31 16:00:24 localhost kernel[0]: using 983 buffer headers and 983
cluster IO buffer headers
Dec 31 16:00:24 localhost kernel[0]: FireWire (OHCI) Apple ID 31 built-in
now active, GUID 000a95ff feb2e190; max speed s400.
Dec 31 16:00:24 localhost kernel[0]: ADB present:8c
Dec 31 16:00:24 localhost kernel[0]: ApplePMU::CLOCK RESET!  PMU WAS
PROBABLY RESET SOMEHOW!!
Dec 31 16:00:24 localhost kernel[0]: Security auditing service present
Dec 31 16:00:24 localhost kernel[0]: BSM auditing present
Dec 31 16:00:24 localhost kernel[0]: disabled

He insists he had no access to the Internet at this time yet the Regents of
California still appear in the log.... as it happens, this organization is
a player (and alleged profiteer) in the case.

As it happens, this was the time when a LOT of things went wrong with the
case files on that (obviously Mac) machine.

Since you guys have handled the Web space thing (above and beyond duty, I
might add) should I start a new thread called "SW Drama" or something?  I'm
starting to notice that your brainpower shouldn't be exploited for drama
that occurs in the South West.

I leave this up to you: to suggest or start a new thread name that more
"on-topic" people could avoid.

Sincerely,

-Todd