[Cialug] Nakamoto: Double Spacer

kristau kristau at gmail.com
Fri Mar 7 00:46:28 CST 2014

Old dogs can learn new tricks, but the ones that don't get culled from the
herd. . .

I, too, was drilled in high school to hit that space bar twice after every
dot. I've adapted to the new norm because it simply, doesn't, effin' matter!

Oh, and I've also adopted the Serial (aka Oxford, aka Harvard) Comma
(although it seems to require more conscience effort than the space-thingy
for some strange reason).

On Thu, Mar 6, 2014 at 11:25 PM, Pixie <pix at kepibu.org> wrote:

> On 2014.03.06 12:56, Andrew Denner wrote:
> > Shouldn't your word processor do the right thing and convert either your
> > double space or single space after a period at the end of a sentence to
> be
> > the correct amount of space? An example of this sort of "fixing" is the
> --
> > changing to be a en dash -.
>
> Well Mr.  A.  Denner, that assumes word processors would be right every
> time.  Given the number of times I've seen things like "All '14 models
> must go!"[1], that seems unlikely to be the case.
>

> [1] Ugh, it feels dirty just typing that.  '14.  There, that's better.

Tired programmer
Coding late into the night
The core dump follows