[Cialug] Project

Tim Champion timchampion at gmail.com
Sun Jun 1 10:02:29 CDT 2014

I usually lurk on this list, but this time I have something to say.

I have recently written a strait C program in Linux for a project at work
that received a high volume of small messages. The C program received the
messages from a pub/sub message broker, and build and managed a doubly
linked list as a FIFO queue, and then parsed and inserted the data into a
couple of db's.

I use pthreads in C, and used gcc to compile.  I'm not sure why you need
MSC-6.  I didn't know what that was, and when I looked it up, it appeared
to be a Microsoft thing.  If you need to write C, just write C code, and
compile it with gcc.

We (me and another developer) wrote this program for a paying client. If
you are interested in talking with us about doing the work, I work at
Slash/Web Studios.
www.slashwebstudios.com 515-309-2580

Tim Champion
timchampion at gmail.com