[Cialug] Basic Networking ARP and Routers

Zachary Kotlarek zach at kotlarek.com
Thu Jul 24 16:47:23 CDT 2014

On Jul 24, 2014, at 1:38 PM, Nick Graber <nick at graber.me> wrote:

> I checked the settings on the Schneider PLC
> IP: 10.1.88.250
> SNM: 255.255.255.0
> GW : 10.1.88.254

That seems valid. I’ll take a closer look at the capture tonight and see if that gives me any other ideas.

Just guessing based on experience with other PLC devices — are you sure the device support the full IP stack (as opposed to say, KNX or something similar)? Sometimes these things speak Ethernet and even use IP addressing but do not support the whole IP stack and need a gateway to tunnel over IP networks.

	Zach