[Cialug] Small cheap computer for Airplay

Matthew Nuzum newz at bearfruit.org
Fri Jul 18 18:04:05 CDT 2014

Thanks for the tips. The Shuttle are fine, but I really want something that
uses more like a couple watts.

Derek, yes, that works from iOS but I'm trying to go about half that price,
and I wouldn't mind a few GPIO so that I can have some LEDs dangling off of
it.

Lee, what Wifi are you using?

On Fri, Jul 18, 2014 at 5:17 PM, L. V. Lammert <lvl at omnitec.net> wrote:

> On Fri, 18 Jul 2014, Matthew Nuzum wrote:
>
> > If it's not possible to get one with Wireless for $50 I can probably
> > runEthernet, and at that point, I think the Raspberry Pi would probably
> > work.However, it's not clear to me if the RPi has analog audio out
> >
> Yes, it has stereo out.
>
> > My preference is a cheap wifi enabled device though, if possible.
> >
> Add a $5 USB WiFi and you're all set (used one last night).
>
> Actually, I have had that exact setup in a PiPlate on my desk for a couple
> of years - PI for streaming with stereo out to mixing panel.
>
>         Lee

Matthew Nuzum