[Cialug] Laptops

L. V. Lammert lvl at omnitec.net
Wed Jul 2 15:09:48 CDT 2014

On Wed, 2 Jul 2014, David Champion wrote:

> You said "thin & light"... most with a screen larger than 14" aren't very
> thin or light.

I have been using a 15" Acer for a few years, .. A10, quad core, 4GB, ..
less than 4lbs - the biggest thing I miss is being able to see the keys in
a dark room.

Other than that, 13.1 runs fine, everything works (the network can be
flakey on occasion, but normally that just means an update is pending).

> I have a used Dell i8500 with a 15.4" 1920x1080 screen... but it weighs
> about the same a Compaq luggable.

Yeah, that's prettyn bad!

	TFTR!

	Lee