[Cialug] VM Server

David Champion dchamp1337 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 18 12:54:49 CST 2014

I'm planning to upgrade my co-located server, a good old Dell SC1425 I've
been running for years, with a Dell PE2950, and run a Virtual Machine
server. The VM's will be running Linux.

I'm quite familiar with VMWare. I've run VirtualBox on the desktop for
testing OS's, and I've just started playing around with KVM. Haven't run
Xen.

Of all of these, I'm kind of leaning towards KVM at the moment. It seems
really easy to set up, and you can manage your vm's from the command line,
i.e. I can ssh in from my tablet and restart a VM if something crashes.

Anyone have any input on what they'd run for a VM Server?

-dc