[Cialug] OT - SQL Server Encryption

Todd Walton tdwalton at gmail.com
Mon Jan 6 17:01:52 CST 2014

On Mon, Jan 6, 2014 at 9:37 AM, Josh More <jmore at starmind.org> wrote:

> I am having a hell of time finding anyone who has done any SQL Server
> Encryption work through my usual channels, so please forgive me for going
> off topic like this.

What considerations are there for encrypting SQL data?  Is it just a matter
of knowing the technical how-to for whatever system you're using?  Or are
there unique performance considerations to manage?  Also, I assume this
would involve encrypting not the database on disk, but the data that's
stored inside of the database, right?

Just curious about how that world works.

--
Todd