[Cialug] System overriding fstab options on system reboot.

aaron ampilgrim85 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 24 19:30:39 CST 2014

Hello all,

I have an external USB HDD that needs to be connected at reboot in
Ubuntu 12.04.4. The drive is NTFS and have edited my fstab file to mount
the drive upon boot with the following options:

UUID=*system uuid*    /mnt/mounted    ntfs
defaults,usrquota,grpquota,acl,user_xattr    0    2

The system reboots and the drive is mounted but when I run *mount to
view the mounted drives, I see the drive is mounted as " /dev/sdb1 on
/mnt/mounted type fuseblk (rw,nosuid,nodev,allow_other,blksize=4096)". I
need the drive mounted with the options in fstab so I can add it to my
Zentyal samba network pool.

Any ideas on what is causing this this issue?