[Cialug] Slightly OT, .. UPSs

L. V. Lammert lvl at omnitec.net
Mon Feb 24 11:24:37 CST 2014

Had a problem this AM that I'm not sure how to solve. We have a Tripplite
3K UPS at a site, and it just SHUT ITSELF OFF for the third time in the
past calendar year. The issue could be related to the external battery
pack (getting old), so I disconnected them.

Question - has anyone seen a UPS that will FAIL LIVE (i.e. if the UPS
chokes, it reverts to line power instead of just dying)? Close as I can
some on a search is the SU5000RT4U, but I'm not sure even that would solve
the problem as it is an online UPS (i.e. power output is always from the
UPS for conditioning).

	Thanks!

	Lee