[Cialug] Where's the CD Device?

L. V. Lammert lvl at omnitec.net
Wed Feb 12 17:21:57 CST 2014

On Wed, 12 Feb 2014, Todd Walton wrote:

> I'm running Mint Xfce for the first time.  I want to rip a CD image.  So I
> put the CD into the CD drive, and it shows up in the file manager in the
> Devices grouping.  If I click on it it shows track wav files, and Banshee
> popped up offering to play the CD or import it for me.

I don't think XFCE has any tools built in, .. but after looking at the
thread my recommendation would be to:

1) Put in the CD;
2) su -
3) Make a note of the device using mount or df -h
4) *Umount* the CD
5) Run a dd

It seems like you skipped #4, assuming the device is /dev/sr0 (which is
pretty common).

	Lee