[Cialug] Wireless Router Repeatedly Drops Connection

David Champion dchamp1337 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 15 14:44:02 CST 2014

I use the "WiFi Analyzer" android app, or inSSIDer on Windows. There are
some Linux based apps for this, I haven't used them lately.

Interfering radio signals shouldn't make your router lose the wired
connection. There is something else going on.

It could be as simple as a weak power brick, or a bad capacitor on the
router's circuit board. Or it could be a flaw in the firmware.

-dc