[Cialug] Wireless Router Repeatedly Drops Connection

Todd Walton tdwalton at gmail.com
Sun Dec 14 20:20:35 CST 2014

I have a Linksys EA6300 router (a somewhat nice home-grade router) that
just won't stay up when I have wireless turned on.  With wireless turned on
it will drop connection, including wired, and reset once every ten minutes
or so.  I used to change my wireless network name and password and it would
stay up for a couple of hours before falling back into the ten minute
pattern. But lately I can change my wireless network name and password and
it's back to dropping within minutes.  If I turn off wireless altogether my
desktop computer does just fine, never losing connection.

Could someone else in my apartment building be causing this? By scanning
and trying to crack the security, perhaps?

--
Todd