[Cialug] Bitcoin mining

Matt Stanton matt at itwannabe.com
Wed Dec 10 18:25:02 CST 2014

That thing would have made you a lot of money...

... back when bitcoin mining ASIC first hit the market.

Now that this mining rig has been on the market long enough to be put in
a Shell Shocker deal, there have been enough of them and other ASIC
miners to raise the bitcoin mining difficulty to such a level that you
can no longer pay one of these (and the electricity you pump through it)
off with the bitcoins you mine.

-- Matt (N0BOX)