[Cialug] Release Management

Eric Junker eric at eric.nu
Sun Aug 24 16:53:52 CDT 2014

If the developers have any automated tests (unit tests, Selenium tests,
etc.) then you should setup a "continuous integration" environment.
Automatically deploy the code every X minutes, run the automated tests
and mark the build as failed if any of the tests fail. Jenkins works
well for this.

You will probably also want a separate environment that doesn't get
automated deploys but allows you to deploy a specific tag or branch to
test. For example, tag the code, release it to the QA/staging
environment and if it passes then release it to production.

Eric