[Cialug] Trouble with Authenticating CentOS 6.5 with Windows Server 2008

Kelly Slaugh kelly at visionary.com
Fri Aug 22 13:13:41 CDT 2014

So I've created a new server and I'm trying to figure out why I cannot log on to the server via AD user permissions.

I've installed samba-common samba-winbind samba nptdate oddjob-mkhomedir pam_krb5 krb5-workstation

I've configured everyone correctly because when I run the command

net ads join -U <myadminuser>

The server connects to the AD no problem.

When I run

id myuser

I get the correct output.

What could be the reason that I'm not able to use my AD user to connect to a CentOS 6.5 server?  I have had zero issues with connection with my other CentOS 6.5 servers.

Any help is appreciated!

Kelly L. Slaugh