[Cialug] OpenSuSED 13.1 & MP4/ .pls

L. V. Lammert lvl at omnitec.net
Mon Aug 11 19:38:27 CDT 2014

We're at our family reunion out of town, and I'm tring to play an mp4 (or
elvis .pls), but neither Toten nor VLS seems to work on 13.1!

Tried installing all the codecs for Totem using Gnome one-click, but it
complains - tried "from another vendor", does not complete installation;
tried installing "breaking some dependencies", but it complains about
msising  components on startup. Tried installing VLC player, but it does
not even start.

Has anyone completd a successful install? Which HowTo was used?

	TIA!

        Lee