[Cialug] Chromebook

Scott Yates Scott at yatesframe.com
Sat Aug 9 15:23:19 CDT 2014

Realize however that Chromebooks are meant to be cloud connected.  All her
pictures would be automatically synced/stored online.  The idea is that it
should not matter specifically where you put the files/images.  Chrome will
take care of syncing them with online storage.

It is just a matter of changing habits, and not worrying so much about
managing local files.

Printing is not as much of a problem with the Google cloud print.  As long
as either the printer is "cloud ready" already you are good.  If not, it
just requires a computer to serve as a print server using Google's
software.  I have tried both ways and they both work very well.

Honestly, Chromebooks are really a VERY good choice for a LOT of people.