[Cialug] Mediacom to boost speeds

Tim McLaughlin timothy.r.mclaughlin at gmail.com
Tue Apr 29 14:06:46 CDT 2014

I have heard of of DS1's having issues in areas with bad copper.  I
switched to mediacom in ames over a year ago, from CTL/qwest  to get past
the 7mbit on DSL.  I had very reliable service on DSL but  needed more than
to 500k upload to work from home i switched to 50/5mbit.  Mediacom was
great when it worked, but if i was running a business the 5 outages i had
in less then a year would be too much.  so when i say you need a
carrier for service i guess i mean you need a carrier with fiber to your
prem.