[Cialug] Small and quiet Linux box suggestions

Matthew Nuzum newz at bearfruit.org
Fri Apr 25 16:14:22 CDT 2014

As I understand it, the Iris graphics processors are very good. Still not going to beat the discrete cards for very high end work, but most people will find them more than suitable on the Haswell platform. http://www.anandtech.com/show/6993/intel-iris-pro-5200-graphics-review-core-i74950hq-tested/17

Case in point, the highest end 15" Mac Book Pro is the only laptop model Apple makes with discrete graphics. All the other Pro models have the Iris graphics.
--
Matthew Nuzum