[Cialug] Back to Linux Basics Series

Rob Miller robarooney at gmail.com
Thu Sep 26 22:04:54 CDT 2013

Ken:  Your document is really interesting.  As I was reading the potential
topics list, I thought of my attempts to use Wine on a SUSE distro so I
could run a Windows program that I needed. That was a few years ago but I'm
thinking that Wine and other programs like it should be of interest to the
intended audience of the programs.

Here are some other ideas:

dual booting on Wintel hardware - dual booting on Apple hardware - why
Linux is different than Windows - history of operating systems - Linux
trivia (Who is Linus T?) (Who is Tux?) - using Linux applications for
specific tasks (Photo editing with GIMP instead of PhotoShop) (Libre Office
instead of ... ) - "shopping list" for hardware and software to create a
useful, secure desktop or laptop computer - Linux-based gaming console -

That's all for now.