[Cialug] Port Forwarding

L. V. Lammert lvl at omnitec.net
Fri Oct 25 15:02:22 CDT 2013

On Fri, 25 Oct 2013, Paul Gray wrote:

> Knowing the command would be helpful, but it looks like you omitted the
> bind interface parameter, so Linux defaults to loopback binding only.

Actually, the notes I found on bind interface do not work at all (did not
bother to figure out why), .. I did locate a mention of 'GatewayPorts",
which solved the problem. With GatewayPorts enabled, netstat shows:

tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:2205            0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN
tcp        0      0 :::2205                 :::*                    LISTEN

Which works. Unsure why it is "0.0.0.0" instead of "*" as in BSD, but that
may just be different notation.

	TFTR!

	Lee