[Cialug] Self Promotion... and a followup to my presentation

Josh More jmore at starmind.org
Mon Oct 21 11:36:34 CDT 2013

I wanted to let you folks know that my job hunt book is finally out in both
paper and ebook form.

I've given the presentation "How to Hack the Job Interview" / "Pen Testing
the Job Market" a few times now and people seemed to like it.  However,
each time I give it, people always come up to me and say things like "I
wish my friend could have been here to see it".  Well, now they can!  :)

More seriously, this has been a long process with a ton of research and
discussion. It started as just documenting what I did so it could help
others.  Then it turned into a blog post and a few presentations, but the
step from presentation to book is a huge one. I learned a lot and I think
the process is far more robust than it was when I first started putting it
together.

If you want the book, it's here:
http://www.amazon.com/Job-Reconnaissance-Using-Hacking-Skills/dp/0124166016

If you get it (or get it for a friend), I'd appreciate reviews (hopefully
positive) at that page.  I know it's kinda pricey, but I have no control
over that. Sorry.  (There's no rule against getting a copy and passing it
around the LUG, though).

Please, if you can, try to spread this book around the community.  I wrote
it because all of us are capable of getting better jobs than we have.  I'd
like to see each of you happier in what you're doing and making better
money doing it.  This is my attempt to help out, but it really needs more
people talking about it before it can really make a difference in people's
lives.  Discussing it at meetings, blogging or tweeting about it, finding
copies to use as gifts, etc.  It all helps.

Thank you,

-Josh More