[Cialug] Internet access

L. V. Lammert lvl at omnitec.net
Fri Oct 4 11:00:49 CDT 2013

On Fri, 4 Oct 2013 murraymckee at wellsfargo.com wrote:

> We tried to get them to switch pairs with our voice line since we can
> only get about a 20K dial up connection at best, but the underground
> cable in our area is so bad that there wasn't a better pair available to
> move us to.  In fact, most of them are worse, so when the phone company
> is out in our area working they use our pair as an open line to talk
> between repairmen at different locations on the line.  We've picked up
> the phone more than once and found them on it.

What a nightmare! How about chatting with someone nearby that HAS decent
service and offer to pay for an upgrade? We just installed a 100Mbps
wireless link from EZBridge, works great! We're only at 1000', but with
line-of-site it's rated for miles. They also have a lot of lower cost
options in the 20Mbps range.

	Lee