[Cialug] Command output logging

Andrew Denner linux-list at upeke.com
Thu Nov 21 17:01:56 CST 2013

I believe that you need to run logrotate more frequently with a conf file
that would look like

/tmp/filename.log {
        size 1k
         copytruncate
}

where size is the size you want it to rotate at and copytruncate will
copy the logfile off and then truncate the original in case the
process that is writing to the log still has the file handle open.

I haven't actually tried this but it appears that it should do what
you want. (See http://www.thegeekstuff.com/2010/07/logrotate-examples/)