[Cialug] Ubuntu 12,04 LTS

Aaron ampilgrim85 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 18 23:00:33 CST 2013

"Ubuntu has completely dropped support for software 3D rendering in
Unity, which means that any system without a supported 3D graphics card
can not run Ubuntu 12.04 in graphical mode." --Matt (NOBOX)

This is correct. Unity made a shit pile for older hardware users. I
suggest an install of something like the other *buntu distros or you
could try Linux Mint 13 LTS with either Mate or Cinnamon as a desktop.
They both work great with older hardware and no GPU.