[Cialug] Imaging Systems

Nathan C. Smith nathan.smith at ipmvs.com
Tue May 28 10:31:32 CDT 2013

I use Image for Linux/Dos/Windows from Terabyte Unlimited  (commercial) regularly and have been really happy with it.  (http://www.terabyteunlimited.com/index.htm)  They continue to improve it.  It suits my "Ghost" mentality.

The Microsoft tools (mostly free, but require MS Windows licenses) have a lot to offer MS shops.  Space requirements are reduced because you can do deltas off master images.

 I also use an open source multicast imaging system called udpcast but it seems to have gone missing.   (http://udpcast.linux.lu/)  I really liked this for deploying an image to multiple machines at once.

I've never used FOG or Clonezilla but I understand they can do multicast too.

-Nate