[Cialug] Virtualbox Newbie

Matt Stanton matt at itwannabe.com
Fri May 17 12:46:22 CDT 2013

He doesn't mean "VMWare in general", but "VMWare Workstation".  Workstation is a desktop application that allows you to run virtual machines, but it has some severe limits on automatically starting VMs when the computer boots and other things that would affect a production environment.  It is great for building test VMs or for having the ability to see first hand how a VM operates before sending it to run on an ESXi host.

If you want the VM to come up with the host and you want tools to manage availability and redundancy, then you have to start looking into vCenter by itself or Xen and KVM plus some management tools.

-- Matt (N0BOX)

Sent from my ASUS Transformer