[Cialug] ddrescue + kpartx = bacon

Nathan C. Smith nathan.smith at ipmvs.com
Wed May 8 12:47:45 CDT 2013

Thanks for sharing this Dave,

Did you use a particular distro -knoppix or rescue disk?

Did you mount the image dd created with kpartx - did you need prior knowledge of the disk(partition sizes or filesystems in use)  to do that part?

I'm always looking for faster and easier, not to mention - successful, ways of trying to recover things.

-Nate