[Cialug] Ubuntu & VB?

Don Ellis don.ellis at gmail.com
Fri Mar 29 14:23:30 CDT 2013

On Fri, Mar 29, 2013 at 2:05 PM, L. V. Lammert <lvl at omnitec.net> wrote:

> On Fri, 29 Mar 2013, David Champion wrote:
>
> > Have you applied the latest VirtualBox updates? Seems like they have one
> > out just about weekly.
> >
> It was the current version, .. I'll try again over the weekend; if it
> doesn't work the 2nd time, I will do a server version.
>
> BTW - What happened to all the details? I never saw squat about machine,
> partition, or s/w configuration?

There was a prompt for "format and use entire disk" - I think there was
probably a "setup custom format" or something like that as one of the
selections, but didn't really notice. Ubuntu skips most of the s/w
configuration setup during install, except for a prompt "download updates
during install". I used to be able to do configuration during setup, but
don't think it's there any more, except prompt to temporarily enable host
i/o cache (which should be done permanently after install). There were
settings to adjust disk and RAM sizes, but not CPU qty.