[Cialug] Ubuntu & VB?

Matthew Nuzum newz at bearfruit.org
Fri Mar 29 08:22:25 CDT 2013

I've used that configuration so I know it's possible. You may want to check
the settings for that vm and enable hardware 3d since starting with 12.10
it needs to use the graphics hardware.

(assuming you are installing Ubuntu desktop)

If your machine does not have a lot of graphics horsepower 12.04 is the
last to have unity 2d available. I hear 13.04 will be better than 12.10 in
these types of scenarios.