[Cialug] ssd drives (again)

Justin Richeson neomatrixjr at gmail.com
Tue Mar 19 14:31:55 CDT 2013

I believe the issues dealt with the controller on the drive and BSODs (I
don't know if they would have an issue in a linux machine or not).
Sandforce chips were problematic.  Googling "Sandforce Linux" would
probably get you some additional answers.  I went with a Crucial M4 that
uses Marvell tech.  I've also heard good things about Intel and Samsung.
Last I heard - sometime in 2012 - a patch was out for sandforce but they
were still having issues....

Newegg is pretty good about listing the controller for their SSD's.