[Cialug] Fwd: [SFD-announce] SFD 2013 registration is now ON!

Barry Von Ahsen barry at vonahsen.com
Sun Jun 16 10:27:10 CDT 2013

-------- Original message --------
From: Frederic Muller - DFF <fred at digitalfreedomfoundation.org>
Date: 06/15/2013  23:21  (GMT-08:00)
To: SFD announcements <sfd-announce at sf-day.org>
Subject: [SFD-announce] SFD 2013 registration is now ON!

Dear all,

It is with a great pleasure that we are opening registration for SFD
2013. The wiki has been prepared with the current localized languages
available and some of the translations for the Frontpage still need to
be updated. We are still finishing some of the design including the
countdown which will start working 99 days before the event.

As usual we are available for support through email on sfd-discuss or on
IRC (#SFD on freenode).

The deadline for registered teams to get the free goodies is July 21st
which should give us enough time to ship everything everywhere. Simply
create your team page under http://wiki.softwarefreedomday.org/2013
(/country/city/team for most) and complete the form on
http://www.softwarefreedomday.org/cgi-bin/register.py. All information
and links are of course available from the SFD website.

As usual artworks are available under
http://wiki.softwarefreedomday.org/Artwork and CC-BY licensed. Feel free
to use, enhanced and eventually localize them.

I want to particularly thank our sponsors who are making this possible,
namely Canonical, Google, and Linode for the time being. Should your
organization be interested to sponsor DFF to be able to send more
goodies please get in touch with us. Note that there is a deadline to be
listed on the magazine ads we run with our media sponsors, Linux
Magazine, Ubuntu user, Admin, Smart developer and Linux Journal, which
is around mid July or early August.

We will be going through various changes in terms of blog location and
ways to hear about us, the main reason being that we have moved our
non-profit to Hong Kong and the requirements are a bit different than in
the US. Besides we are a lot of projects going on and those require some
changes.

So let's get started and happy SFD preparations!

The Digital Freedom Foundation Board

ps: do check the SFD 2011 winners for inspiration and thanks again to
Lemote and FSF for the prizes.
http://www.softwarefreedomday.org/en/competition/winners-2011

[2]: http://planet.softwarefreedomday.org (language specific planets
available through the language switcher)