[Cialug] can't print using hplip 3.13.5. Keep getting text with "@PJL SET JOBATTR="JobAcct3..."

Ralph Kessel ralphkessel75 at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 6 14:33:39 CDT 2013

Gang I reinstalled Ubuntu 12.04 on my desktop. Everything was swell until I applied the last update and now my HP  Officejet 6600 prints only a weird PJL message followed by a sheet of garbage.
I sent a bug report to   launchpad.net/hplip/+bug/1187559 and await a reply. I ran on the command line both hp-check -t and hp-doctor and the results showed no defect nor error.  I don't wish to send the log report but could on the Lug log.  System info :-------------
 Proc: 3.2.0-45-generic-pae #70-Ubuntu SMP Wed May 29 20:31:05 UTC 2013 GNU/Linux
 Bitness: 32 bit and Type: Printer
Device URI: hp:/usb/Message  on Paper printed (every time)
 'loca"
@PJL SET JOBATTR="JobAcct3=(none)"
@PJL SET JOBATTR="JobAcct4=20130606141045....

If you could provide any help on this I would  appreciate it very much. It is a bug in HPLIP not hp and it has to do with pjl5 and that is all I could find out by extensive googling.  I believe that I will give up on Linux for printing and just use Windose as my Windows 7 works well.  I believe that Ubuntu has printer problems.....I'm trying not to vent. LOL