[Cialug] Any Arduino Interest Here?

Dan Hockey icepuck3k at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 28 13:35:13 CDT 2013

 We need to meet up and see what I am doing on the SSDSM with
 my arduinos.
 As an appetizer, check out http://mcgillan.us/Chickens. The information in
 the table is transmitted back to the house from the chicken
 coop with an
 arduino and a 433 mhz  xmitter. Another arduino
 receives data and sends to
 USB where a linux computer picks up the info and creates the
 table for
 inclusion in my web page. My Auaponic system uses another
 arduino and I am
 getting ready to add a xmitter to it also. Some will say
 that it takes 2
 receivers, but I am here to say that 1 receiver can hear
 multiple xmitters.

Heres someone that did the same thing but using parallax products
http://forums.parallax.com/showthread.php/145684-My-chickens-have-the-internet....?highlight=chicken+coop