[Cialug] Version control splitting repository & migration

Daniel A. Ramaley daniel.ramaley at drake.edu
Fri Jul 26 12:10:53 CDT 2013

Some of our programmers have been using a subversion repository for
their projects. Unfortunately, they have several distinct projects all
lumped together into one huge repository.

We're now talking about migrating to git. I have found procedures[1] for
migrating subversion to git, and even being able to maintain the commit
history. However, i'd also like to be able to split the multiple
projects into separate git repositories, for better organization. And
i'm not familiar enough with either subversion or git to have any idea
how to accomplish this while maintaining commit history. Any ideas?

[1] http://john.albin.net/git/convert-subversion-to-git
__
Daniel A. Ramaley
Network Engineer 2

Dial Center 112, Drake University
2407 Carpenter Ave / Des Moines IA 50311 USA
Tel: +1 515 271-4540
Fax: +1 515 271-1938
E-mail: daniel.ramaley at drake.edu