[Cialug] Complete C source online

Zachary Kotlarek zach at kotlarek.com
Thu Jul 25 15:43:15 CDT 2013

On Jul 25, 2013, at 12:10 PM, Morris Dovey <mrdovey at iedu.com> wrote:

> Even before DES was rolled out, I had been warned that it could be easily defeated. I considered the information I received as credible, from a source I had reason to trust - though data security wasn’t a big concern for me at the time.

If you have any way to find out what that vulnerability might be it's something today's cryptographers would still be interested to know. Even though DES is dead (and 3DES on the way out) any information about a better-than-brute-force attacks against it are useful in helping design new encryption systems.

	Zach