[Cialug] The Linux Desktop and Window Managers - when is too much?

L. V. Lammert lvl at omnitec.net
Thu Jul 25 12:05:23 CDT 2013

On Thu, 25 Jul 2013, aaron wrote:

> My question to the group is, When is too much? Can there be too much?
> Personally I think a more unified WM across all distros will help
> greatly bring Linux more in focus of the mass user base.

If you want 'old style', you have a number of choices. If you want
'current', Gnome3 (and KDE whatever) are your choices.

Personally, I liked the simplicity of Gnome3 when it was mainstreamed two
years ago and have never looked back.

Of course, some things are a little headscratching (like the lack of
ability to set an 'array' of workspaces in favor of one vertical list),
but those are easly Googlable.

For a server, *IF* I need X at all, I normaly install XFCE.

	Lee