[Cialug] OT USB thermometer

Will staticphantom at gmail.com
Sun Feb 17 10:10:59 CST 2013

Simple answer is look at www.sparkfun.com. I believe they mostly offer
serial ones that run serial, but you can get a USB to serial converter
cheap (the ftdi one is expensive at spark fun). The alternative is get a
10k resistor in series with a thermistor and just use an arduino, then use
the USB connectivity of the arduino. Look at the arduino nano knock offs on
eBay, should be able to find those for about $12 in the US versus $34 at
radio shack.

-Will